- Cover letter explaining why this conference/event/travel is important to your professional development
- Letter of support from advisor/principal describing the importance of the conference/event/travel in your professional development.
- Details about conference/event/travel: Organization hosting, schedule, location and theme (if any). Web address providing this information would suffice.
- Title and abstract of talk, poster and/or paper that you will present at the conference. (If you are not giving a presentation, you should explain why you are not presenting in the cover letter). Funds may be available for travel for non-conference events, such as collaboration. In the case of these types of requests, in lieu of title/asbtract you should provide a detailed explanation of the collaboration, describe the goals of the collaboration trip and what can be gained from this travel/collaboration that cannot otherwise be gained/done.
- Estimated cost of your travel, room & board, along with the total funds requested and an indication of other sources of support e.g. other grant or personal funding (if any)
- After Return, please provide the following…
- Copy of the talk, poster and/or paper that you presented at the Conference (These should acknowledge support from the GK-12 grant using wording provided to you earlier) or summary of your experiences for non-presenting and/or collaboration trips.
- Date and Time of Departure and Return
- Original receipts for travel, room and board
Sending Application Materials
All application materials above should emailed to EidropGK12@gmail.com
There is no deadline for applying for travel grants.
You are strongly encouraged to keep thinking about opportunities for conference travel that you can avail of and discuss the same with your adviser and GK-12 personnel
You are encouraged to apply early. However, if you need an expedited review of your materials because the travel date is approaching, please indicate that in your email.