1. put your safety goggles on
2. cut the alka-seltzer tab into 4 sections
3. then put hot, cold, or room tempature water into the capsule depending on what step you are on
4. quickly put the tablet into the capsule
5. put the lid on capsule
6. time how long it takes for the lid to pop off the capsule
7. record the time
Temp. of water
Time of reaction
the alka-seltzer tablet takes longer to react when in cold water compared to room tempature water, and takes less time to react in hot water compared to room tempature water.
Analysis, Calculations, Trend Recognition, etc.
the alka-seltzer tablet takes about 4 seconds to react with hot water and about 16 seconds to react with cold water
the hotter the water is the quicker the reaction time is.
adding hot water to the procedure caused the reaction to happen quicker than if the tablet was in room tempature, and adding cold water to the procedure caused the reaction time to be longer than if the tablet was in room tempature water